ESV: Daily Reading Bible

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Remembering God

Psalm 78:40 How often they rebelled against him in the wildernessand grieved him in the desert!41 They tested God again and againand provoked the Holy One of Israel.42 They did not remember his power [2]or the day when he redeemed them from the foe,43 when he performed his signs in Egyptand his marvels in the fields of Zoan.
***
I am exactly like the Israelites in the desert, only my desert is my comfort. When I am left alone in my comfort, I am very likely to lose touch with God's reality, the reality that He has been actively participating with my life from start til now and will continue with me forever. I forget, as if my brain were being intentionally sabotaged, on a regular basis how many blessings and amazing answers to prayer He has done.

God, please forgive me today and set me on the right path with you. Call to my mind your fulfilled promises and memories of your faithfulness. You are my God and I desire to serve you with my whole heart. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Dig Deeper

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page