ESV: Daily Reading Bible

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Greater Works than Jesus

John 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me [9] anything in my name, I will do it.
***
Who has ever done greater works than Jesus? Surely his work on the cross and in the tomb and in our hearts is the very greatest miracle possible. So what is he saying? Is he saying that we will simply perform impressive miracles? Elsewhere he says that some willl come to him in the end who have cast out demons in his name, but will not be welcomed because they did not know him. There is some mystery here, or at least some points to pray on.

God, please give me faith and discernment to do things even greater than you have done, whatever that means. You are God, and I love you. You are so high above me, and yet you have called me into service with you. Let Your kingdom come, and I will gladly help in any way I can - in Your name and for Your glory, amen!

No comments:

Dig Deeper

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page