ESV: Daily Reading Bible

Monday, May 5, 2008

Judging Angels

1 Corinthians 6:1 When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!
***
I'm not sure what this means that we would judge angels. I also find the tone of the verse provocative since it assumes that we should know this. I can certainly see how we should live holy lives and resolve our disputes at the lowest level, but the argument seems to come from the perspective of one with cosmic vision. Paul seems to see the world in terms of the infinite. I pray that I would gain that vision and that I would live a more saintly life, fit to do justice.

No comments:

Dig Deeper

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page