ESV: Daily Reading Bible

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Heritage

Acts 22:3 “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia"
***
Acts:27 So the tribune came and said to him, “Tell me, are you a Roman citizen?” And he said, “Yes.” 28 The tribune answered, “I bought this citizenship for a large sum.” Paul said, “But I am a citizen by birth.”
***
Paul was a pious Jew and also a natural born Roman citizen, a unique and strategic background for what he went on to do. The story we find outselves in is equally unique and strategic. I wonder what elements of my background will come into play for God's agenda.

1 comment:

Esther Plaster said...

when we read this at bible study a few weeks ago, i was again struck by how unique and special the Lord had created Paul. he knew that he would be going up against a variety of leaders and groups and he gave him such an amazing voice to speak the Gospel. he gave him authority with the jews as well as the gentiles. over and over again, he had paul pull the rabbit out of the hat. in the end he still gave his life for Christ, but he was able to do so much.

the Lord has chosen each one of us and given us specific talents and "voices". can i discover my voice? what is it he wants me to do to further his kingdom, here and now and in the future, outside of Time.

Dig Deeper

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page